Iridium GO PrePaid Airtime Vouchers
PrePaid airtime vouchers for Iridium GO WiFi HotSpots, loaded electronically directly to your SIM card by Ashbury SatCom.
Iridium GO PrePaid Airtime Vouchers
Iridium GO PrePaid Airtime Vouchers. These are vouchers for the new Iridium GO Satellite WiFi Hotspots. Do all your Iridium GO prepaid top-ups on this page. You can also get an airtime voucher to go with your new Iridium GO prepaid PAYG SIM card on this page.
Note that the 400 and 1000 minute Iridium GO vouchers on this page was made specifically for Iridium GO, and if you insert a SIM card loaded with either of these vouchers into a handheld Iridium phone you will only get half the amount of data call minutes from the voucher’s face value.
Note that once an Iridium SIM card expires all airtime on it is forfeited but there is a 270 day period during which the SIM card can still be topped up with new minutes, however after that the SIM card is rendered useless and you will need a new Iridium SIM card in order to continue using your Iridium phone.
Iridium Prepaid Call Rates
- The minutes in your voucher can be used to call to any landline or mobile phone worldwide.
- Minimum call charges: Voice & data calls 20-seconds minimum, 20-second increments thereafter. Incoming calls and calls to 24/7 support are free of charge. SMS texts consume 6 seconds of talk time on global vouchers, 30 seconds on regional vouchers.
- Calls made with a Global vouchers to other Iridium satellite phones are discounted by 50%. Calls made with an Regional vouchers to other Iridium satellite phones are discounted by 25%. Calls to other satellite networks cost considerably more than calling to landlines or mobile phones.
Iridium GO Prepaid Validity
- Maximum validity is 3 years and airtime can only ever be carried forward for a maximum of 3 years, after which it will be forfeited.
- If you don’t do a recharge before the end of the expiry window, your minutes will expire, and you will need to load new minutes to the SIM card in order to use it again.
- When doing a recharge to prevent expiry of existing airtime, always do this at least 5 days before expiry in case there is a delay with the processing of your recharge.
- During the checkout process you do have the ability to future-date the loading of your airtime, so there is no reason to leave it for the last moment – you can even do it weeks in advance].
- Iridium SIM cards are permanently disabled 270 days after the lapse of the expiry window, and then you will need to buy a new SIM card in order to use your Iridium phone again.
How Your Minutes Carry Forward
- If you’ve previously loaded your SIM card with a 400 or 1000 minute voucher, and you do a recharge with any voucher other than another 400 or 1000 minute voucher, then any existing airtime will be lost.
- If you’ve previously loaded your SIM card with a 50, 75, or 100 minute voucher, and you do a recharge any voucher other than another 50, 75, or 100 minute voucher, then any existing airtime will be lost.
- The 300 minute global voucher can never be carried forward regardless of what voucher it is topped up with. Inversely, if the 300 minute global voucher is loaded on top of any other voucher, any existing airtime balance will be forfeited.
- The 300 minute Africa voucher can only be carried forward when topped up with another 300 minute African voucher. If the 300 minute African voucher is loaded on top of any other type of voucher, any existing airtime balance will be forfeited.
How to do a Recharge
- To check your airtime balance and expiry date send a blank text to 2888 or dial 2888 from your Iridium phone.
- To recharge an existing SIM card just buy a voucher and enter your Iridium phone number into the relevant field during checkout.
- Iridium recharge vouchers are loaded by Ashbury SatCom’s activations people, directly onto the SIM card.
- You will receive an email once your order has completed processing, which means that your airtime has been loaded. This typically takes 4 hours during business hours, 72 hours over weekends.
- If you buy a recharge on our website for an Iridium SIM that was not supplied by us, you will be sent a new SIM free of charge.
Next have a look at the Inmarsat BGAN PrePaid Airtime Vouchers.